Saturday, April 30, 2011

Flower Garden



In the Bellagio Hotel on the Strip, there is a room that changes decor with the seasons. We have been lucky enough to see this incredible room in the Fall, Winter, and now Spring. Oh my -- what a gorgeous room! Full of fresh flowers, and lots of color -- a photographer's dream! (Well, a wanna-be photographer. I've always loved taking photos and documenting our life, but never had anything better than a point-and-shoot. I now have a nice dslr camera, but need to learn how to use it. I'm slowly learning - but must confess I still use "auto" mode much more often than I should.)

The kids were not as impressed as I was, and got a little tired of posing for pictures. But they were mostly good sports. Everything was just so awesome and I could have spent lots more time there. There was a little glass-enclosed butterfly house also and there were such incredible butterflies. Can you believe the size of them? So neat. Kayden enjoyed a little water "fountain." It came over the top of the pathway like an arch. He discovered that if he blew on one side, instead of coming out in a perfect stream on the other side, it had little "hiccups" or air bubbles in it. Pretty impressive!Behind Julie and mom is a painting made totally of live, fresh flowers. So beautiful. Heavenly Father made such a wonderful array of flowers and colors for our enjoyment. He loves us! I just love all the color everywhere - and it makes me very happy. You just could not be sad in this room of explosive beauty all around you. So glad we made the stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment