Monday, June 13, 2011

Water Damage


This is what happens when you leave the garden hose on overnight!

I can't even blame this on the kids. I was watering flowers the night before, and am pretty sure I left it on. I do feel lucky and blessed that I saw it the next morning. A tender mercy! I rarely sit down at the kitchen table in the morning, but did so on Thursday morning and glanced out and saw some water on the sport court. I wondered why there would be some there when we didn't have our sprinklers on and I couldn't see it anywhere else. I went out to investigate and our window well was filled. It took Julie and I 45 minutes to bail water out bucket by bucket. We were feeling those sore muscles the next day! It came through both windows and we had to have pad ripped out and noisy fans going for a few days. We were glad when it was finally dried out and we could get rid of those. It was pretty tough to sleep. The company starts the restoration work this week. We had some electronics on the window sill and on the floor next to the window that we're not sure if they are damaged. We haven't been able to plug them in. We filed a claim through our insurance company so it will be covered. Not fun!

1 comment:

  1. Not fun. We just had our water heater start leaking and we thought that was bad, but it didn't require any restoration work.

    ReplyDelete