Friday, February 11, 2011

Go Jazz!

We are big Jazz fans in our house, and each of us have a favorite player (or two). We watch as many games as we can, and have gone to some live. We're usually right near the top of the upper bowl, but we still enjoy being there! However, Savanna and I, over the past few weeks, have gotten to experience the game up close and personal. What a different perspective it is.

Savanna's good friend, Carly, and her family have tickets on the third row, across the court from where the players sit, right at mid-court. They've invited us to join them a couple of times. This week, me, Savanna, Carly and Kristen went to the Jazz vs. the Bulls. Savanna was beyond excited! I had promised her tickets to this game (for her birthday) so that she could see a former Jazz player whom she really likes - Kyle Korver. He is pretty cute! (There were also 2 other former Jazz players on the team.) As the date got closer, I tried to get tickets, but the game was sold out. The day of the game, we got a text inviting the two of us. I was very happy, since I was feeling bad I left it so late to get tickets.
I don't know if you can read the price on this ticket, but it's $579 -- that's for one game! Crazy. These tickets are part of the "100 Club" which means that we got to eat a complimentary dinner before the game (in a suite above the court). It was so nice. Lots of yummy food, and the company was even better. We could watch the goings on down below through the windows surrounding us. At halftime, we also went into a room that had lots of snacks we could eat. We weren't hungry after such a great dinner, but they had lots of choices.



It was a good game, although we lost by a few points. There were lots of great plays, plenty of excitement, energy and electricity in the air, and seeing it from that close to the court was so amazing. It will be hard to go to future games and back to our regular spots up in the rafters!

I took lots of pictures, but it's hard to get pictures of the players facing you! I wanted to get some of Kyle Korver (#26 in the red uniform). I also wanted to be sure and get Deron Williams (#8 -- my favorite) and Raja Bell (#19 -- Kayden's favorite).

We really appreciated this opportunity and the fun night out with friends who were so gracious to share. Great evening that we'll remember for a long time.

P.S. Apparently we got to see the last game that Coach Sloan will coach, as he resigned the next day. I'm so not happy about it; I really like Sloan and he's been the only coach of the Jazz that I remember. Sad day. Glad I got a few pictures of him in the background!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you had left a comment on my blog mentioning you were having trouble downloading the PDF owl heating pad pattern. You should be able to do so now, but if not, send me an email (my address is on my sidebar) and I'll email it to you. - Suzanne

    justanotherhangup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were sad to hear Coach Sloan was leaving but that's pretty neat you got to see his last game.

    ReplyDelete